The SPARK Training Program at UC Davis
SPARK PI Gerhard Bauer leads the summer course, which is an introduction to human stem cell biology with specific emphasis on adult, embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells. Topics include how stem cell are isolated or generated, how they are cultured, and how they are used for regenerative therapies. In addition, students learn about Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and how to manufacture human stem cells. Students obtain a certificate at the end of the course.
- Discern the differences between embryonic, induced pluripotent, and adult stem cells
- Learn stem cell culture techniques and applications
- Explore current therapies for human diseases using stem cells
- Become familiar with federal regulations and good manufacturing practices
- Learn about product manufacturing within a GMP Facility.
For more information on the UC Davis SPARK program, see the UC Davis Institute for Regenerative Cures training program page.
For information on all CIRM-SPARK programs and directors, see the CIRM internship programs page.